chickpea cakes with avocado and smoked salmon



I came across this foto while browsing some NY Times slideshows and decided I had to make it. Unfortunately, it didn't come with a recipe, so all that I had to rely on was the title. Unfortunately again, it was listed as a chickpea pancake, rather than a chickpea cake. When I started to follow a chickpea pancake recipe and noticed that the batter was coming out way too watery, I continued to add chickpea flour until I got the right consistency. Needless to say, my chickpea pancakes didn't come out. It wasn't until after I had finished making them and noticing that there was still raw batter inside my thickened pancakes that I realized that I wanted to make chickpea cakes instead. I finally found the right recipe and plan on whipping up some delicious cakes tomorrow that will hopefully resemble the pic above.

In other news, today I learned, by accident actually that corriander is cilantro! Wild.. all these years.

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author